I was asked to prepare a dinner for a dedicted group of volunteers. The menu consisted of Chicken Pastry Roulade, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Steamed Vegetables with a Light Lemon Butter Sauce, Garden Salad with Stawberry Vinegrette, Fresh Fruit and a Strawberry Charlette for Dessert (not pictured).
Chicken Pastry Roulade I cooked chicken beast lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, then shredded it. In a seperate bowl I made a filling consisting of cream cheese, green onion, red bell pepper, Italian blend shredded cheese, Italain dried herbs, salt and pepper to taste. I mixed this until all ingrediants are blened well. I then added the cooked shredded chicken and mixed well. I had thawed two sheets of purchased puff pastry; unrolled pastry and and overlapped the toew sheets about two inches on the short side. I used a little bit of water on the one end and layed the other sheet over damp end and pressed to secure. I spooned the chicken filling down the center of the pastry making sure to leave about 4 inches at both short ends. The filling should resemble a log shape. fold the two short ends over filling then grab one long end and fold over filling. Using water dab lightly a little on the pastry that is covering the filling. Take side and fold over, sealing in filling. Carfeully place Roulade seam side down on parchment lined cookie sheet and place in a 375 degrees F pre-heated oven and bake until golden brown.
Steamed Vegitables with Lemon Butter Sauce
While veggie steam melt butter add a splash of fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzel over veggies and carefully stir to coat.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Toss potaotes in olove oil adn season with salt and pepper and Herb de Provance. Roast in a 375 degree F oven until fork tender.
Garden Salad with Strawberry Vinegrette
The Garden Salad is your garden variety (excuse the pun) You can use whatever veggies you love. In this particular recipe I used baby greens, cucumbers and grape tomatoes. The vineagrette is made from fresh strawberries, sugar, oil, salt & pepper and balsamic vinager. The dressing made this salad awesome.
Fresh fruit always adds a nice touch to any meal.




No comments:
Post a Comment